Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Do You Measure Success

Alot has happened over the last few months. I quit my job at BAE systems and gained employment for another corporation in Longmont, Colorado. We are currentlty living in a hotel while our house ownership paperwork is finalized. We have been living in this one room hotel for the past two weeks.

Its interesting what type of things occur when you are confined to one room with four other humans, three of which are under the age of eight. AAAGH! To be perfectly honest, I think its harder on my children than it is on me. I can become a little bit irritated rather quickly, and my children get the brunt of it. I know this isnt right, but is the reality of it. So Ive decided, in an effort better control my temper and extend my patience, I would llist some if things in my life that, to me, define success:

1. I have a wife that I absolutely adore. I would have never guessed life could be this good when i was younger. April is truly my reason for becoming the man I am today. If not for her, I wouldnt even be a fraction of "me". She brings me such joy and hapiness. To sum it all up, she puts the passion in my every day.

2. I have three perfectly, disasterously wonderful children who try to make me proud on a daily basis. They do a very good job of it. I am so proud of the people they've become and the children they are becoming. I hope I can give them happy memories of their childhood and raise them in the gospel, all while protecting them from the world.

3. I am a member of the true church of Jesus Christ. The curch has brought me loser to the Lord and helped me to gain a personal testimony of his existance and glory. I am grateful for the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ and it's infinite healing power and majesty. I hope to become better each day and grow in the gospel. I wish for the opportuntiy to help others on a daily basis in an effort to spread the gospel thoughout the world.

I have so many things to be grateful for that arent material belongings. i am constanly reminded of the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and hope to remind others of His love for them at every opportunity. I love my family and pray that I may give them teh father they need to become extrememly valuable contributors to society.

Amen.

3

2.

No comments: