Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Little Princess

There was once a time in my life when I thought all I needed was a son or two and I'd be content as can be. I could have never imagined the joy that comes with having a daughter. I love my sons. They are fun to be around and wrestle with. I do love my boys so....but little Emma....She has already got me absolutely wrapped.

It takes all that I have to resist her incredible powers of persuasion. She gets whatever the heck she wants and I dont know how she does it. On second thought, I know exactly how she does it. She does it with her perfect little smile. She does it with her "puppy dog eyes". Although, I wouldn't have it any other way. Its so funny to me....It comes time to correct her for something she did, and before I know it, I'm askin' her if she'd like some ice cream and apologizing for something that I'm supposed to do as a dad. How entertaining she is. She is 100% disappointed if I don't rouse her from her sleep to tell her "good morning" as I leave for work each morning. TO think that she would rather be awakened than remain asleep, just to say, "I love you" is a true heart melting thought.

I can remember like it was yesterday, peering through the incubator at the hospital for the first two weeks of her life, not being able to hold her or feed her ourselves. It was truly hell on earth. All we wanted to do was hold our little girl. She has come along way since then. nowadays, I cant get enough of my little Emmy. She accompanies me on my various errands, plays video games with us and loves to hang out with her mamma. She loves helping her mommy around the house whether cooking or straightening up. I could have never asked for a better, more beautiful little girl.

I thank the Lord on a daily basis for the love of my daughter. So many fathers are disconnected from their daughters. I feel really lucky to have found a way to stay close to Emma for now. I know her teenage years will yield some problems, but they are issues I consider trivial when compared to all the good times we've had and will have. I pray that I will be able to be a good example of what a good husband should be. I pray that I can instill the self-confidence, paramount in the maintaining of ones personal chastity. I love my little girl and cant wait to see what type of adult she becomes. She truly is my flawless princess. I sure do love her.

Joe

No comments: