Monday, June 2, 2008

Plaster of Paris in the Rain




While April was away at work this evening, oddly as was, I actually wanted to clean up the house for her as a surprise. She is constantly doing things for me and the children without ever asking for recognition or reciprocation. So, I figured this was the time to do just that. So I took care of some key things that plague her on a daily basis so tomorrow will be that much easier for her. Maybe, just maybe, she will find time to sit back and take a breath....maybe even time to reflect upon the things she is most grateful for.
Anyways, This last weekend was nice and relaxed. We spent most of the time as a family in the house enjoying the inclimate weather. The thunderstorm was absolutely magnificent. We let the kids run out in the rain, which was coming down so hard that you were soaked the instant you stepped into it. After the rain dance, the kids came inside, dried off and spent the next hour or so painting these little figurines brilliant colors. We are spending a lot more time together now and it has been such a blessing. We grow closer each day.
Every day that April works is a day that I DON'T get to spend with her. It is very frustrating. I don't watch TV anymore because all the stuff I usually laugh at has lost it's comical impression upon me due to her absence. Id rather not watch it. So, as I've said all along, I look forward to the time when she comes home for good. I never thought Id miss the "we are around each other so much that we are getting sick of each other" arguments. I sure do love my angel. I pray that the Lord remains with her thus making her burdens light and her countenance bright.






Joe

1 comment:

Celestia said...

Your crafts look like fun. How did you do them?