Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She is My Rock

Aside from God & country, there are very few things which I hold in high esteem. Namely, my wife and Children.

I have spent almost a quarter of my life with my wonderful wife, who just so happens to be my best friend. It is because of her loving hand of "motivation" that I am successful. I can't remember a single pivotal moment throughout the last eight years that didn't turn out absolutely positive because of her direct influence. For that, I am extremely grateful. I was sitting at work yesterday trying to imagine where I'd be had I not met April. I had a hard time even remembering what it was like to be single, let alone try to imagine where I would be now! The great majority of the good memories that occupy my brain are of her.

I am grateful for April's love for our children. She has reared our children in the gospel and ensured that they begin their personal relationships with the Lord at an early age. It is because of her that my oldest son reminds me that it's "scripture time" on a nightly basis. It is because of her that my children vie for the opportunity to offer our nightly family prayer. Just the other day (Sunday), some of Joe Joe's friends showed up asking him to go out and play outside. Without even skipping a beat, Joe informed them that Sunday was family day and that he was unable to play outside. As he closed the door, without even one iota of frustration or disappointment, I realized that our decision to have April stay home for the last eight years had truly paid off.

April has always been a perfect example of unconditional friendship towards her girlfriends. She is always the one they call when they need advise or just a compassionate shoulder to cry on. I have always admired her ability to make others happy without a thought for herself. She is the result of diligent gospel study and perseverance through the hard times of life. She's been dealt some hard hands in the past and yet consistently & gracefully, triumphs and ends up teaching me something in the process.

In closing, I really do feel that April is one of the main reasons for my contentment with my life. I am eternally indebted to her and, luckily, I have an eternity to repay her. I love you April.

Joe

3 comments:

JoeUlrich2 said...

Wow! I am the luckiest woman on earth!! I love you too sweetie! You are my rock too! I just don't feel safe unless you are around. You are more than a GREAT husband and father! I am so thankful to have such a fantastic partner to go through this life with. I am so proud of the man you have become! I love you too!
Buddha

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my April... boy do I miss you guys!

Trisha said...

Amy Jane McCabe has song called "The Rock" about the family at home when loved ones are deployed. She writes songs for the military and thier families. You should check her out at www.amyjayne.com. I got her cd's when Jarom was deployed just after 9/11.
Give April a big hug for me.